- a layer in the stratosphere (at approximately 20 miles) that contains a concentration of ozone sufficient to block most ultraviolet radiation from the sun
How To Use ozone layer In A Sentence
- Urging fellow MPs to buy ozone-friendly products, she said failure to do so would leave the world without an ozone layer. ANC Daily News Briefing
- At least when you are home you can sit in your own Cadillacs for hours in the rush traffic and pollute the air as much you like, destroying the ozone layer and blame it on us smokers.
- An intact Ozone Layer prevents about 99% of the sun's UV rays from reaching the Earth.
- Today Science tells us the speed of light is decaying, the magnetic field is collapsing, the earth is slowly beginning to wobble on its axis, the protective ozone layer is thinning.
- CFCs cause damage to the ozone layer.
- He stressed that this apparent advantage was far outweighed by the negative impact of the depleted ozone layer on humans, plants and animals. Times, Sunday Times
- The state Department of Pesticide Regulation will register methyl iodide as a substitute for the pesticide methyl bromide, which is being phased out by international treaty because it depletes the Earth's protective ozone layer. Controversial Pesticide Linked To Cancer Approved For Use In California
- Countries signing the Montreal Protocol on Substances That Deplete the Ozone Layer have pledged to eliminate manufacture and use of halocarbons.
- The old chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants, or CFC's, that were shown to be harmful to the ozone layer have not been installed in new refrigerators since 1993.
- Most threatening of these for the marine ecosystem is the exposure to increased ultra-violet radiation through the depletion of the ozone layer.