- widespread European weed with spiny tongue-shaped leaves and yellow flowers; naturalized in United States
How To Use oxtongue In A Sentence
- They should have given him a garland of the speckled leaves and stems of oxtongue, for falsehood. Wildfire
- In our old Muskoka farmhouse on Oxtongue Lake, Mother was still cooking year-round on a wood stove.
- “He wears, he wore a long surcoat with a pomegranate design, and a wreath of juniper and greenthorn and oxtongue.” Wildfire
- The dogwood leaves are bright carmine, and the maple yellow as sulphur, the last flowers are out in the hedges, the pink cranesbill and the blue oxtongue which will hang on till after The Village Pulpit, Volume II. Trinity to Advent A Complete Course of 66 Short Sermons, or Full Sermon Outlines for Each Sunday, and Some Chief Holy Days of the Christian Year
- To bezoar stone most subscribe, Manardus, and  many others; it takes away sadness, and makes him merry that useth it; I have seen some that have been much diseased with faintness, swooning, and melancholy, that taking the weight of three grains of this stone, in the water of oxtongue, have been cured. Anatomy of Melancholy