How To Use oxaloacetate In A Sentence
- Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase catalyses the carboxylation of PEP to form oxaloacetate.
- Oxaloacetate plus the acetyl group form the six-carbon citric acid, or citrate.
- As the name of the enzyme implies, pyruvate is carboxylated to form oxaloacetate.
- < 1, 10 > (analysis of the activity in the absence and presence of ascorbate the ascorbate requirement cannot be re - placed by tetrahydrofolic acid, dithiothreitol, NADH2 or dithionite to any sig - nificant extent ; a-ketoglutarate cannot be replaced by pyruvate and oxaloacetate ) [18, 28, 43] Recently Uploaded Slideshows
- The four-carbon succinate undergoes a series of rearrangements to regenerate oxaloacetate.
- Oxaloacetate, for instance, can be formed from pyruvate, carbon dioxide, and water, with the use of one ATP molecule.
- A reduction of oxaloacetate does seem likely because both phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase and total malate dehydrogenases were activated under the same stress conditions as those that activated PPDK.
- The generation of asparate occurs by the standard transamination reactions that interconvert amino acids with a-ketoglutarate to form glutamate and glutamate with oxaloacetate to form aspartate.