(soccer) a goal that results when a player inadvertently knocks the ball into the goal he is defending
the own goal cost them the game
How To Use own goal In A Sentence
- Consequently, Styans players could retreat towards their own goal and defend in numbers and with vigour.
- But a series of careless errors let the Scots back in the game, with the final indignity being the bizarre own goal.
- At least as I walk away from this graduation Friday night I will know that my godson will be pursuing his own goals with the full support of his parents and family, in my opinion the greatest gift they could give to him.
- It took an own goal and a penalty to give a flattering veneer to the scoreline. Times, Sunday Times
- Burnley went in front with a freak own goal after eight minutes. The Sun
- Two own goals, a marginal offside tap-in and an overlooked penalty appeal by Theo Walcott helped Blackburn off the foot of the table and eased the pressure on their manager Steve Kean. Arsenal's major flaws have Arsène Wenger too choked for rallying cry
- In addition to its decentralized international sales staff, ONC plans to create what it calls "matrix teams" of employees focused on a particular foreign region, each with its own goals, profit-and-loss performance statements, and dedicated resources. The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed
- HD 22 fulham vs manchester untied 2-2 all goals Scholes Davies Hangeland own goal WN.com - Articles related to Sport
- Every player shall be between the ball and his own goal line, except the two players who are bullying, who shall stand facing the side lines.
- Some of the tries were own goals. The Sun