[ UK /ˈaʊl/ ]
[ US /ˈaʊɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈaʊɫ/ ]
- nocturnal bird of prey with hawk-like beak and claws and large head with front-facing eyes
How To Use owl In A Sentence
- The Pepper Street gang, of which Jackie was the acknowledged leader, was not a gang of drug-selling hoods.
- Measurement Intangible assets, such as knowledge and learning, account for a large part of a company's value.
- It is not only our senses, but our very intuitive faculties that cease to provide us with the necessary adaptive knowledge.
- He slowly depressed the plunger and once the syringe was empty, withdrew the needle and stepped back.
- New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become. Kurt Vonnegut
- It found itself subjected to harsh rain it was ill equipped for, dissolving the sandstone facades of it's buildings slowly, even as the people chose not to lift their eyes and notice it.
- In present-day usage, despite Fowler's strictures, concern for classical and linguistic purity is minimal and the coining of etymological hybrids is casual and massive.
- By the time they were lurching slowly along the cart track the wind had dropped, letting the clouds gather.
- Divide half the mixture between 4 glass bowls, then sprinkle with a few fresh raspberries and a bit more crushed honeycomb. The Sun
- Knowledge is a Treasure, but Practice is the key to it.