- a convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse
How To Use ovolo In A Sentence
- At the right is a mahogany card table, also New York City, about 1820 to 1825, the satinwood veneered ovolo corners of which place it outside the ordinary.
- [Footnote: The egg-and-dart is found only on the ovolo, the leaf-and-dart only on the cyma reversa or the cyma recta (concave above and convex below) Both ornaments are in origin leaf-patterns one row of leaves showing their points behind another row.] A History of Greek Art
- The components of the sash frame were molded using two separate planes, one to cut the glass rabbet and another to stick the decorative molding which was most frequently a common ovolo.
- This stone spans a large channel 2ft. 3in. wide, within which is fitted a very thick lead pipe, gradually narrowed _horizontally_ and turned up under the _ovolo_ concave stone. The Excavations of Roman Baths at Bath
- Then one friend bit into the Gustoso - layers of mortadella, Genoa salami, and provolone on a crusty brown Vienna roll.
- THE RULE JOINT HINGE is used to connect the top and the drop leaf of a table in cases where continuity of design is desired, so that the edge of the top and the leaf will show an ovolo moulding when the table is either open or closed. Woodwork Joints How they are Set Out, How Made and Where Used.
- For an accent, try a small amount of tangy hard cheese that you will have to grate such as provolone, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Romano, or gjetost. Meathead Goldwyn: Gooey Grilled Cheese on the Grill
- A fragrant queso ahumado has the buttery consistency of Chihuahua-style queso menonita, with a flavor and aroma reminiscent of smoked provolone. Making merry in May: Mexico's National Cheese and Wine Festival
- The plane is a Grecian ovolo with bead and is designed to cut a one-inch wide profile in half-inch thick stock.
- Top each burger with a slice of the provolone and allow it to melt.