[ US /ˈoʊvɝˌɫeɪ/ ]
- protective covering consisting, for example, of a layer of boards applied to the studs and joists of a building to strengthen it and serve as a foundation for a weatherproof exterior
- a layer of decorative material (such as gold leaf or wood veneer) applied over a surface
kill by lying on
The sow overlay her piglets
put something on top of something else
cover the meat with a lot of gravy
How To Use overlay In A Sentence
- For lipid overlay, 0.05 mM biotinylated phosphatidylethanolamine was incorporated to the preparation of PPM or IPM with a 1 / 200 molar ratio toward L-α-lysophosphatidylcholine. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Trailing edge vibration has been dampened by reinforcement with thin glass fibre rod inserts or mylar overlays, so eliminating excessive noise.
- The literature says to space joints in feet the same as the thickness of the overlay in inches, but we wanted to try something different.
- Similarly, in ‘Darska,’ Rimbaud overlays a stuttering beat with the rising chords of a church organ and voices.
- The tables were covered with pink custom tablecloths with hand-stitched sheer overlays that resembled flower petals. My Fair Wedding
- It's a familiar and rather well-worn mechanic, but the sepia-toned graphical overlay is a stylish touch and the extravagant rag doll physics sends your victim rocketing through the air like a crazed acrobat, which is fun to behold and suitably reminiscent of a Peckinpah bloodbath. Blogposts | guardian.co.uk
- For example, by GIS thematic map and overlaying analysis every factor is visualized to administer to sample design of isotope investigation.
- Moreover, surveys reveal that the process committee overlay to the traditionally managed organization is winning limited employee acceptance at best.
- The overlay is resistant to exposure to the elements, including high temperatures and freeze/thaw conditions.
- Use tracing paper overlays and a soft pencil to sketch new landscape ideas and plans over your base map.