[ US /ˈoʊvɝˈɛmfəˌsaɪz/ ]
place special or excessive emphasis on
I cannot overemphasize the importance of this book
How To Use overemphasize In A Sentence
- It cannot be overemphasized that for the mission of the troops to be successful, we need closer cooperation between the two countries.
- Sex is overemphasized by our civilization on its distracting side, its spicy and condimental values, and underemphasized so far as its realities go. The Nervous Housewife
- We very strongly feel that certain aspects of products are overemphasized by hardware sites, while others are drastically underemphasized.
- It's important not to overemphasize it because we don't know where it's going to lead, Hellman says. Tensions rise between Supreme Court, politicians
- Democrats will complain he overemphasizes punishment at the expense of prevention and treatment.
- However, all these analyses overemphasize the details of how things went wrong and miss the importance of the context. The Return
- I cannot overemphasize the importance of any device to any content over any combination of networks enabled by Cisco's technology architecture approach, but it also is important that video will play in not only communications to life but also in loading networks, what we call visual networking," Cisco CEO John Chambers said last month in Cisco's quarterly earnings call. ChannelWeb Complete Feed
- I cannot overemphasize the importance of this book
- I don't want to overemphasize this, but one problem is simply that patients expect health care to be free to them. The Issues: Health Care
- The fact that decerebrate newborns behave much more similarly to normal newborns than to decerebrate adults is already an important distinction that cannot be overemphasized. What Experts Know, What Doctors Know, What Moms Know