[ UK /aʊtspɹˈɛd/ ]
fully extended in width
with arms spread wide
How To Use outspread In A Sentence
- As I arrive, a hoopoe flounces down to the field alongside and, crest outspread, studiously feasts on worms. Country Diary: Ariège
- Petticoat tails are Scottish shortbread biscuits, baked in a round, with a characteristic shape resembling that of an outspread bell-hoop crinoline petticoat.
- Taking another deep drag, she settled herself on the couch again, outspreading her long tanned legs before her.
- It had an open fan with a cherry blossom on one of the outspread ribs, and it also had a tiny dragon perched on the tip of a rib.
- The angel pushed through the crowd, his wings outspread, even as Brystion slowly moved in front of me. Brush of Darkness
- Just at that moment a bird passed overhead and dropped something in his outspread hands.
- She saw the pale dress of the woman outspread and her foldedparasol, lying on the grass like a huge pearl crochet hook.
- The silver chain spilled through my outspread fingers as I moved it over and over again in my hands.
- Why had she sat in the same spot where I usually stayed, looking out over the ocean, my wings outspread to the night air? Raziel
- He stood tall with outspread shoulders and a mildly muscular figure.