where the air is unconfined
camping in the open
the concert was held in the open air
he wanted to get outdoors a little
How To Use out-of-doors In A Sentence
- Meanwhile, out-of-doors, you could hear the stamping and roaring of the crowd, goaded into a frenzy by repeated hymns, enfevered by its earnest desire for the Divine interposition, and growing more and more enervated by the delay. The Three Cities Trilogy: Lourdes, Volume 2
- Besides the jar of contrast there came to her a chill self-reproach that she had not returned sooner, to help her mother in these domesticities, instead of indulging herself out-of-doors.
- As homesteaders, so many of our daily activities lead to the out-of-doors, and therefore keeps us connected to nature and all her changing faces.
- I thought out-of-doors where we could be sure not to be disturbed. THE BLACK OPAL
- In Colhassett they had only one ice-cream saloon, but in Paris they had a good many of them out-of-doors in the parks and even on the sidewalk, and there you could buy all kinds of sirups and 'what you call cordials' and Turn About Eleanor
- Thanks to the delicious food, the relaxed out-of-doors location and Vitor's good humour, enjoyment was not a problem.
- Working out-of-doors, Reed makes plein-air paintings that are romantic yet surprisingly free of nostalgia.
- Out-of-doors, well-to-do Elizabethans wore two pairs of shoes, an inner slipper and the outer shoe (pantofle), which required some practice to keep on while walking.
- Many in the passing crowd are professional outfitters, heavy pistols on their belts, wrangling their parties of Eastern dudes who view the out-of-doors as a combination adventure ride-cum-shopping mall for trophy heads.
- For a long moment she was silent though in the background (was Lee Ann out-of-doors ? MIDDLE AGE: A ROMANCE