located, suited for, or taking place in the open air
badminton and other outdoor games
a beautiful outdoor setting for the wedding
How To Use out-of-door In A Sentence
- We abandoned the building in order to view the floricultural out-of-door exhibits, which covered the large spaces on the lawns adjoining it and the By Water to the Columbian Exposition
- Meanwhile, out-of-doors, you could hear the stamping and roaring of the crowd, goaded into a frenzy by repeated hymns, enfevered by its earnest desire for the Divine interposition, and growing more and more enervated by the delay. The Three Cities Trilogy: Lourdes, Volume 2
- Besides the jar of contrast there came to her a chill self-reproach that she had not returned sooner, to help her mother in these domesticities, instead of indulging herself out-of-doors.
- As homesteaders, so many of our daily activities lead to the out-of-doors, and therefore keeps us connected to nature and all her changing faces.
- I thought out-of-doors where we could be sure not to be disturbed. THE BLACK OPAL
- The men were to have the sanest recreation devisable for their needs and interests -- out-of-door sports, movies, housing that would permit of dignified family life, recreation centres, good and proper food, alteration in the old order of "hire and fire," and general control over the men. An American Idyll The Life of Carleton H. Parker
- In Colhassett they had only one ice-cream saloon, but in Paris they had a good many of them out-of-doors in the parks and even on the sidewalk, and there you could buy all kinds of sirups and 'what you call cordials' and Turn About Eleanor
- Thanks to the delicious food, the relaxed out-of-doors location and Vitor's good humour, enjoyment was not a problem.
- Working out-of-doors, Reed makes plein-air paintings that are romantic yet surprisingly free of nostalgia.
- Out-of-doors, well-to-do Elizabethans wore two pairs of shoes, an inner slipper and the outer shoe (pantofle), which required some practice to keep on while walking.