- a board with the alphabet on it; used with a planchette to spell out supernatural messages
How To Use Ouija board In A Sentence
- The Bible certainly does address the issue of dealing with evil spirits in that it explicitly forbids engaging in pagan worship, conjuring up the dead or spirit-guides (what we call necromancy--things like ouija boards and mediums and seances), and anything that might be called magic (trying to manipulate the material world by spiritual means). Archive 2006-10-01
- We conjured a dead spirit into a pumpkin lantern and chatted to her via Ouija board.
- It was far from plain sailing for Ouija Board on ground that was unsuitably slow, a track that was unsuitably sharp, and an early pace which was more Sunday League than Premiership.
- He got extreme Ouija board readings and ghostly images in photos of the site. The Sun
- His aunt, who was a spiritualist, comes to visit one night and brings with her a Ouija board.
- Pursuing the Ouija Board metaphor productively, once we recognize that all kinds of things have to be in place before the student can place her hands on the planchette, what might that mean for the way we teach her?
- We actually rather applaud the recognition of the sacred sacrament of sex, but just between us this rather seems akin to an injunction against using a ouija board in case one ends up possessed by a demon. Outer Alliance Pride Day
- Maybe Bill Clinton, along with the Reverse Vampires, flew a plane out of Mena airport, consulted with Osama bin Laden at his home on the sound stage where they faked the moon landings, and decided via ouija board that the FBI agents should follow the standard procedures for treating a suspect arrested in America for attempting an act of terrorism. Matthew Yglesias » GOP Members of Congress Have Never Watched Television, Movies
- And we're not the first to do this - Roman or Victorian matrons quite happily dabbled in things such as Ouija boards or patronised spiritualists who promised a glimpse into the unknown or a taste of the illicit.
- Using a ouija board, Pearl Curran (Megan Trout) channels the spirit of Patience Worth (Photo by: Pak Han) George Heymont: Living in Parallel Universes