[ US /ˈɑtəˌwɑ/ ]
- the capital of Canada (located in southeastern Ontario across the Ottawa river from Quebec)
- a river in southeastern Canada that flows along the boundary between Quebec and Ontario to the Saint Lawrence River near Montreal
- a member of the Algonquian people of southern Ontario
How To Use Ottawa In A Sentence
- The League Against Cruel Sports issued a statement Wednesday calling on Ottawa to "take steps to end the immense cruelty to animals in events such as calf-roping, which is practised at rodeos including the Calgary Stampede. CTV BritishColumbiaHome
- Kind and tempting was the invitation to prolong my stay at the See House; enticing was the prospect offered me of a visit to a seigneurie on the Ottawa; and it was with very great reluctance that, after a sojourn of only one day, I left this abode of refinement and hospitality, and the valued friends who had received me with so much kindness, for a tedious journey to New The Englishwoman in America
- The most conspicuous result now is the Rideau Canal, an immensely expensive waterway that terminates in Ottawa.
- Tessier has been studying religion at Saint Paul University in Ottawa and received a bursary to study English.
- In 1937 he was seconded to the Royal Canadian Air Force in Ottawa as air armament adviser.
- Please redirect any mail that arrives for me to my address in Ottawa.
- Ottawa has shown it has considered the question about the neighbourhood surrounding Iraq no more than it has given any thought to the question inside Iraq.
- At least one other critic (Barbara Crook in Ottawa) agreed with me that the penultimate scene wasn't the heartbreaker it should have been in this production.
- The following year, I hopped an airplane to Ottawa and skied the Canadian Keskinada.
- At 13, Avril won the grand prize in a radio station contest, a trip to Ottawa to perform a duet in concert with Shania Twain.