- hereditary disorder in which ossification of the labyrinth of the inner ear causes tinnitus and eventual deafness
How To Use otosclerosis In A Sentence
- A small percentage have otosclerosis (fused inner ear bones) helped by an operation.
- Although it is often associated with disorders of the ear itself, including blockage of the ear canal by wax, otosclerosis, and Menière's disease, it is now apparent that neural activity within the brain may be a more important factor.
- Leading causes of conductive hearing loss include cerumen impaction, otitis media, and otosclerosis.
- Otosclerosis is a progressive degenerative condition of the temporal bone which can result in hearing loss.
- Our radiologist located the otosclerosis adjacent to the stapes. John W. House, M.D.: Too Many Tests!
- Twenty percent have deafness due to otosclerosis.
- Medication can prevent further progression of otosclerosis but it will not improve your hearing.