- an industrial city in northwestern Czech Republic in the Moravian lowlands; located in the coal mining area of Silesia
How To Use Ostrava In A Sentence
- They are four points behind table-toppers Viktoria Plzen and are currently in the midst of a winter break. The league schedule resumes on February 28 when they will face Banik Ostrava.
- He moved to the front of the pack June 8 in Ostrava, Czech Republic, where he not only won but posted the fastest time in the world this year at 3: 32.73. USATODAY.com - Athlete of the Week: Webb chases down 1967 record
- Last week in Ostrava, Czech Republic, Dragila reclaimed the outdoor world record with her leap of 15-10. USATODAY.com - Dragila vaults to Athlete of Week award
- Track and field's World Athletics Tour has two events — the Grand Prix Golden Spike meet in Ostrava, Czech Republic, and the Golden League-opening Bislett Games in Oslo. USATODAY.com - Athlete of the Week Clay posts a near-perfect 10
- Also at the Golden Spike Super Grand Prix meet in Ostrava, Alan Webb ran the best time of the year (3: 32.73) in the 1,500 meters to beat a powerful field. USATODAY.com - Dragila vaults to Athlete of Week award
- The Finns lead Group F in Ostrava with seven points, along with Slovakia and Sweden. USATODAY.com - U.S. reaches quarterfinals at hockey worlds
- It will be the Jamaican star's fourth time running at the traditional event in the north-eastern Czech city of Ostrava, which is not part of the newly established Diamond League. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- In Europe, the best of the week is the Golden Spike, a Super Grand Prix meet in Ostrava, Czech Republic. USATODAY.com - Athlete of the Week: Jackson shakes off stumble
- Bob Bryan earned the final point for the 31-time champions by beating Lukas Dlouhy 7-6 (7-5), 6-4 in Ostrava, Czech Republic. Davis Cup: Australia eliminated, Russia, Spain among teams to advance
- He was born in 1926, in the Czech mill town of Ostrava, an afternoon's walk from the Polish border.