How To Use Osteichthyes In A Sentence
- Only fragmentary remains are known of animals that may represent early stages in the differentiation of placoderms, chondrichthyes, and osteichthyes.
- The division Teleostei within the Osteichthyes (bony fish) is made up of 38 orders.
- Gill rakers are found in both chondrichthyans and in Osteichthyes, as well as acanthodians.
- In the new Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, I've made my way through several articles over the last week: "Bistahieversor sealeyi, gen. et sp. nov., a new tyrannosauroid from New Mexico and the origin of deep snouts in Tyrannosauroidea"; "A reappraisal of the origin and basal radiation of the Osteichthyes"; and "Demythologizing Arctodus simus, the 'short-faced' long-legged predaceous bear that never was. "No wise fish would go anywhere without a porpoise."
- Fish included many elasmobranchs as well as osteichthyes such as palaeoniscoids, dipnoi, selachians, and crossopterygians, together with the ancient acanthodians.