- perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers
How To Use orpine In A Sentence
- The old walls of Figeac are likewise tapestried with pellitory and ivy-linaria, with here and there a fern pushing its deep-green frond farther into the shadow, or an orpine sedum lifting its head of purple flowers into the sunshine that changes it to a flame. Wanderings by southern waters, eastern Aquitaine
- Orpine's root can be used as medicine, It has the special function of anti-fatigue, anti-anoxic, regulate immune, improve mental ability, enhance strength.
- Other customs included decking the house (especially over the front door) with birch, fennel, St. John's wort, orpine, and white lilies.
- The Crassulaceae, or orpine family, is a family of dicotyledons.
- In England and Wales, St John's wort was suspended over doorways along with green birch, long fennel, orpine and white lilies, to guard against intruding malevolent entities.
- _Orpine_ and _Brimstone_ and boult them out with the Smother: But pray use this last seldom, unless you would destroy your Warren. The School of Recreation (1684 edition) Or, The Gentlemans Tutor, to those Most Ingenious Exercises of Hunting, Racing, Hawking, Riding, Cock-fighting, Fowling, Fishing