- perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers
How To Use orpin In A Sentence
- I almost forget that telephone call Orpington made to Wallace Erb from our room. The Laughing Fox
- _Orpine_ and _Brimstone_ and boult them out with the Smother: But pray use this last seldom, unless you would destroy your Warren. The School of Recreation (1684 edition) Or, The Gentlemans Tutor, to those Most Ingenious Exercises of Hunting, Racing, Hawking, Riding, Cock-fighting, Fowling, Fishing
- These operations are liquors of a different nature, which do destroy one another; the first is an infusion of quick-lime and orpin; the second a water turn'd black by means of burned cork; and the third is a vinegar impregnated with saturn. Forty Centuries of Ink
- In England and Wales, St John's wort was suspended over doorways along with green birch, long fennel, orpine and white lilies, to guard against intruding malevolent entities.
- The Crassulaceae, or orpine family, is a family of dicotyledons.
- And just this month a plaque was unveiled at Orpington Hospital as a memorial to the Ontario Military Hospital and the Canadian soldiers who were treated there.
- Other customs included decking the house (especially over the front door) with birch, fennel, St. John's wort, orpine, and white lilies.
- He said traders are also spooked by unemployment, which Corpina calls "all-important. ABC News: Top Stories
- In choral ser - vice when I liear — the pcalini; orpin blow To llio full-toiccil clioir beiuw I: i srr\icc liiL, h: inJ aiilhcm clear/ The Countess and Gertrude; Or, Modes of Discipline
- The 10 billionth app downloaded, Paper Glider, was purchased by Gail Davis of Orpington, Kent, UK," said the release. Apple: Over 10 billion apps downloaded