How To Use ornamentalism In A Sentence
- And how can she believe men are imprisoned in this ornamentalism against which women have already revolted when women are as preoccupied by their looks as ever?
- But in inter-war Shanghai, the style's lavish ornamentalism represented more than that - it was an aesthetic meeting ground for the neoclassicism of the British Empire and the brash spirit of American capitalism.
- Irvine covers a number of styles, from rural retreats to urban settings, and from the 18th century ornamentalism of William Kent to the cosmopolitan style of Hicks.
- The most famous building of this moment is C. R. Mackintosh's Glasgow School of Art, begun in 1897 and balanced between traditionalism, ornamentalism, and a quite personal style.
- Lord Lytton had noted the importance of ‘birth, rank and hereditary influence’ in India and helped create the ornamentalism Cannadine examines.
- This is why new ornamentalism is popular for generally windowless department stores. Times, Sunday Times