[ US /ˈɔɹnəmənt/ ]
make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
Decorate the room for the party
beautify yourself for the special day
be an ornament to
stars ornamented the Christmas tree
- something used to beautify
How To Use ornament In A Sentence
- In many places, glittering among the clothes, were gold and silver coins, a few silver ornaments such as buckles, and watches -- things not missed by the pirates in the transport of their flight. The Frozen Pirate
- Some plants like ornamental grasses or irises may require knives, machetes, or even hatchets to get the job done, but it is worth it.
- There were floating candles that decorated the pool and the fountain, as well as ornamental flowers arrangements.
- Stooping, I lifted the belt, ornamental silver medallions that tinkled faintly together like coins of small denominations. I'LL TAKE YOU THERE
- In a richly ornamented setting with animals and plants on a red background, in 14 copper rosettes placed between lacunars, there are the Wise Virgins and Foolish Virgins of the New Testament parable; the former hold lighted lamps, the latter have lamps already extinguished.
- Additional options include erecting a sizable ornamental canopy or baldachin over the tabernacle, or setting the tabernacle within the apsidal wall or against the backdrop of a decorated reredos. Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend: "Concerning the Central Placement and Noble Design of Tabernacles..."
- I found myself in a salon with a very well-painted, highly varnished floor; chairs and sofas covered with white draperies, a green porcelain stove, walls hung with pictures in gilt frames, a gilt pendule and other ornaments on the mantelpiece, a large lustre pendent from the centre of the ceiling, mirrors, consoles, muslin curtains, and a handsome centre table completed the inventory of furniture. The Professor, by Charlotte Bronte
- Secure with rubber band and then cover with a decorative hair ornament.
- The latest additions to home collection includes bowls, boxes, picture frames, tealights and window ornaments.
- I made my own little tiki ornaments and instead of tinsel I used leis. "