[ US /ɔɹˈɡænɪk/ ]
[ UK /ɔːɡˈænɪk/ ]
[ UK /ɔːɡˈænɪk/ ]
- a fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter
being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms
organic remains found in rock
relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis
hydrocarbons are organic compounds
involving or affecting physiology or bodily organs
an organic disease
of or relating to foodstuff grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones
- constitutional in the structure of something (especially your physical makeup)
simple and healthful and close to nature
an organic lifestyle
How To Use organic In A Sentence
- Most organic farmers try to supply their nitrogen needs with legumes in the crop rotation or with manures and composts.
- I can find no legitimate references to the use of metallic, inorganic, or organic silver compounds as a sanitizer, disinfectant, or sterilizing agent. quaternary ammonium chloride compounds - Mixtures of compounds such as alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride, dioctyl dimethyl ammonium chloride, and octyl decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride are very commonly used as surface sanitizer; if you look at your household cleaners that claim disinfecting properties, there's a high percentage chance that you'll find a "quat". Question ;Microdyne
- Organic carbon mineralization was studied in a large humic lake in northern Sweden during a well-defined summer stratification period following high water flow during snowmelt.
- To avoid having sodium react with oxygen or water vapor in the air, it is usually stored under kerosene, naphtha, or some other organic liquid with which it does not react.
- Wilkins is now extolling the virtues of organic farming.
- Petrifications, where no organic material remains, are usually prepared as thin sections or polished and studied under reflected light.
- A former president of the Soil Association, Helen has been actively involved in promoting the benefits of organic methods to the farming community.
- He expanded this idea to the propose the ‘deep, hot biosphere’ which both generates methane and adds biogenic signatures to inorganic petroleum, and that part, at least, is looking more correct every year.
- Specialty disciplines, such as chemical physics and quantum, bioorganic, polymer, radiation, and nuclear chemistry, are available within the four major areas.
- Using hydroponics, inorganic fertiliser, electric light and genetic modification we could in theory feed the entire world from a multi-storey farm the size of Wales.