[ UK /ˈɔːbɪtəl/ ]
[ US /ˈɔɹbətəɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈɔɹbətəɫ/ ]
of or relating to the eye socket
of or relating to an orbit
How To Use orbital In A Sentence
- He comments that a patient might talk of a "shiner" whereas a doctor (holy of holies) would speak of a "periorbital ecchymosis," which is true only if you could imagine a doctor referring to cephalalgia instead of a headache or odontalgia instead of a toothache. VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol III No 1
- I will guess that the hypothesis is that the Earth enters a deglaciation period because of orbital parameters deglaciation occurs when the northern hemisphere winter is extra-cold and the northern hemisphere summer is extra-warm. "Crisis = opportunity + danger."
- It proved the operational concept of a winged, reusable spaceship by successfully completing the Orbital Flight Test Program.
- This happens around the time that Mercury arrives at that part of its orbit which places it closest to the Sun (called perihelion ), where it's orbital speed can briefly exceed its rotational speed.
- When I worked in the ER I had a plastic surgeon beef up my personal ratio count when he refused to come in for a 27 year old female who literally had the right side of her face bitten off from her lip to her orbital canthus by her own pit bull, ONE WEEK BEFORE HER WEDDING. Time and Place
- Kepler's third law of planetary motion says that the square of the planet's orbital period is proportional to the cube of its semimajor axis.
- Soon the most lucrative function of the resurrected orbital was as an alien adventure park.
- A report by banking group Halifax revealed that the top 30 towns for price growth were all outside the M25 London orbital motorway, and Brighouse headed the list.
- Pluto, which has the greatest orbital eccentricity of any of the Solar System planets, was during those years at perihelion and actually closer than Neptune to the Sun.
- Surely those orbital electrons in the ferromagnet will make their own contribution to the energy in the air gap, just as the supplied magnetizing current will feed in some energy. Chapter 4