[ US /ˈɔɹəɫ/ ]
[ UK /ˈɔːɹəl/ ]
[ UK /ˈɔːɹəl/ ]
of or relating to or affecting or for use in the mouth
an oral thermometer
an oral vaccine
of or involving the mouth or mouth region or the surface on which the mouth is located
a buccal gland
the oral surface of a starfish
the oral mucous membrane
the oral cavity
using speech rather than writing
an oral agreement
an oral tradition
- a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated in the mouth; fixation at this stage is said to result in dependence, selfishness, and aggression
- an examination conducted by spoken communication
How To Use oral In A Sentence
- In Bermuda, Sam's father took him on an excursion to a coral barrier.
- It avoids a phony moral high ground or fake appeals to the sanctity of multilateralism. Globe and Mail
- Horatia was still in mourning for her mother, and wore a black skirt, but Lucilla's was of rich deep gentianella-coloured silk, and the buttons of her white vest were of beautiful coral. Hopes and Fears or, scenes from the life of a spinster
- And the moral murder of my child is to be my punishment for daring to turn a deaf ear to the indign passion of a brute! The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel
- Another category of vessels and flatware was distinguished by the use of precious stones or exotic materials, such as coral, mother-of-pearl, or coconut shell.
- Anybody who has ever been on a North Queensland pastoral lease knows that you can go 20, 30, 40 miles day after day and all you will see is a few brumbies and some wild pigs; you will not see any cattle anywhere.
- The exams are just around the corner and students are bogged down with preparation work for practicals and orals but the Transition year students found time to raise funds for those less fortunate.
- This argument is untenable from an intellectual, moral and practical standpoint.
- It is a big sweep of soft, pale coral sand shelving gently into the Ionian sea. The Sun
- It's not because I'm worried about what they might think, or anything ridiculous like that, it's because in a lot of cases this material was intended for me alone - either through an oral tradition or as a gnostic revelation from the spirits.