- (Greek mythology) the oracle at Delphi where a priestess supposedly delivered messages from Apollo to those who sought advice; the messages were usually obscure or ambiguous
How To Use Oracle of Apollo In A Sentence
- He insists that, even though he wears the garlands of victory, he must leave the city of Argos in disgrace and return to the oracle of Apollo in the city of Pytho, also called Delphi.
- On the march from Miletus to Halicarnassus, the Macedonians captured several smaller towns along the way, presumably including the sacred oracle of Apollo at Didyma. Alexander the Great
- Convinced, the Chorus of women advises that the oracle of Apollo is the only person who can help Orestes.
- In ancient Greece, people felt it necessary to consult the Oracle of Apollo when they were puzzled at their future.