[ UK /əpɹˈɛsɐ/ ]
[ US /əˈpɹɛsɝ/ ]
[ US /əˈpɹɛsɝ/ ]
- a person of authority who subjects others to undue pressures
How To Use oppressor In A Sentence
- They went into hiding in Katlijk, but where betrayed and fusilladed by the German oppressor.
- In opposition to a modern, well equiped army of oppressors. Think Progress » ThinkFast: March 16, 2010
- The Emperor's forces rediscovered human worlds, cast out alien oppressors, and claimed new territory aplenty.
- But in the main, an oppressed people learn how to outsmile or outsnarl the oppressor. Nonsenseorship
- Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by oppressors, helpless old people a burden to their sons, and the whole world of loneliness, poverty, and pain make a mockery of what human life should be. I long to alleviate this evil, but I cannot, and I too suffer.
- SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities have filed charges against Kashmir education officials over a textbook for first graders that illustrates the word "oppressor" with a sketch resembling an Indian police officer. StarTribune.com rss feed
- Every tyrant and every oppressor deserve the full wrath of justice.
- Whilst we, their former colonial oppressors, are still farting around with bits of paper, pencils and tin boxes - they've just got on with it and held their first totally electronic national election.
- The oppressor suppressed hellos aggressive opinion about compressor.
- My hypothesis is this: to predict what the human rights community (and the media) focus on, look not at the oppressed; look instead at the party seen as the oppressor.