the first performance (as of a theatrical production)
the opening received good critical reviews
How To Use opening night In A Sentence
- Behind the scenes: Emerald City Supporters big opening night tifo banner Examiner California Headlines
- Nerves were to the fore on opening night as the cast stuttered with their lines and generally put on a wooden performance in the first act.
- Welcome to the madhouse that is the build-up to the opening night of a pantomime.
- She reckoned he just wanted to doss off early because it was opening night for a Pinter play. JUST BETWEEN US
- Park City, UT — Sundance Institute announced today that the world premiere of Mary and Max, a clay animation feature film from Academy Award-winning short film creators Adam Elliot and producer Melanie Coombs is the Opening Night Film for the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. Mary and Max to Open 25th Sundance Film Festival | /Film
- The tour has been timed to allow visitors to attend the opening night of the Verona opera season.
- Many opening nights at the theatre were turned into highly visible focal points for rallies against government policy. A TALE OF FOUR HOUSES: Opera at Covent Garden, La Scala, Vienna and the Met since 1945
- She had wangled an invitation to the opening night.
- Vera Wilde is a fable about the way society eats its heroes, "Shotgun Players founder Patrick Dooley quoted director Maya Gurantz's anthropophagic line when introducing Chris Jeffries 'heady musical on opening night. The Berkeley Daily Planet, The East Bay's Independent Newspaper
- Last night was the star-studded opening night for ‘Spamalot’ the musical.