[ US /ˈoʊpənɝ/ ]
[ UK /ˈəʊpənɐ/ ]
[ UK /ˈəʊpənɐ/ ]
the first event in a series
the season's opener was a game against the Yankees
she played Chopin for her opener
a person who unfastens or unwraps or opens
children are talented undoers of their shoelaces
- a hand tool used for opening sealed containers (bottles or cans)
How To Use opener In A Sentence
- Adele brushes her perfectly manicured fingertips atop the cold, smooth metal of the letter opener.
- I've had one letter opener seized, two Swiss army knives.
- The national anthem at last week's home opener at Fenway Park — performed by a Boston Pops contingent — included the now de rigueur obbligato of a military jet flyover. Flams and drags
- The transformation of remote control of hydraulic clay guns and taphole openers were summarized in this paper.
- The Swiss have an interesting army. Five hundred years without a war. Pretty impressive. Also pretty lucky for them. Ever seen that little Swiss Army knife they have to fight with? Not much of a weapon there. Corkscrews. Bottle openers. "Come on, buddy, let's go. You get past me, the guy in the back of me, he's got a spoon. Back off, I've got the toe clippers right here". Jerry Seinfeld
- This shopping trip was a real eyeopener. The Sun
- The reeds and trumpets sounded a little muddy and unfocused on the opener, Bake. Times, Sunday Times
- My favorite fishing knife is a yellow handle Case XX with a thin, pointed blade, hook hone, bottle opener, scaler and hook remover. On Favorite Fishing Knives
- But the opener did turn a bit testy in the eighth inning when Grant Balfour hit J.D. Drew in the right shoulder with a high fastball, prompting a few Red Sox to holler from the bench. Dice-K masterful as Red Sox beat Rays in ALCS opener
- Substitute Steve Whitehall dived to head in Nuneaton's opener, but within a minute Darryn Stamp bustled his way through to lash in the leveller.