[ US /ɑnˈtɛɹioʊ/ ]
- a prosperous and industrialized province in central Canada
- the smallest of the Great Lakes
How To Use Ontario In A Sentence
- The term "strategic" came up again earlier this year, when Ontario's provincial government set up a committee to debate a proposed merger between London Stock Exchange Group PLC and TMX Group Inc., operator of Canada's flagship Toronto Stock Exchange. Canada Turns Wary Eye to Foreign Bids
- During this period, the Ontario Board of Censors was known to be the most liberal of all the provincial boards, and O.J. Silverthorne was the most respected film censor in Canada.
- The Art Gallery of Ontario has the world's largest collection of sculptures by Henry Moore.
- A city of southeast Ontario, Canada, a manufacturing suburb of Kitchener. Population, 24, 933.
- The entire Ontario university qualification system is based on measurements and testable aptitudes.
- Breast-feeding was associated with lower levels of PCBs, DDE, and mirex among female Ontario sport fish consumers.
- Lessard leads a double life as a wrestler in the Ontario wrestling circuit and a UW grad student in CS; certainly a feat to behold.
- The Ontario government, backed by other provincial governments, argued against the lower court rulings, saying the Metis existed as a community only after European settlers arrived in Canada.
- Just as Adam let Dave play Tom Hanks in his closing address at Gnomedex when referencing the movie Big, maybe Dave now would like to be the "kid" in Ontario at the Podcasting Expo, getting all the love from the junior poddies, as well as getting to wear a pink polo. Archive 2005-11-01
- The Breadalbane and Lake Ontario expeditions have opened a new era in underwater archaeology, Nelson says.