[ US /ˌwəˈnaɪd/ ]
having or showing only one eye
one-eyed Jacks are wild
the three one-eyed Cyclopes of Greek myth
How To Use one-eyed In A Sentence
- One-eyed Zeke and a celebrated hunter of the Bad Lands are the only men I have known who professed to have acquired the habit of hunting the Grizzly in such a fashion, and the celebrated Bad Lands ranchman did his killing with a rifle and always shot for the eye, which was the more remarkable because he was very near-sighted and wore eyeglasses. Bears I Have Met—and Others
- In attendance is Lobster's friend Bishop, who is a bit of a legend for randomly fucking the one-eyed African doorwoman at Lobster's apartment building (story for another time). drbigbeef Diary Entry
- If he hadn't been an incredibly brainy person he would have been an officious one-eyed council clerk or something.
- The one-eyed brigand's sword clanged against Conan's and rebounded. Conan the Fearless
- In the kingdom of blind men the one-eyed man is king.
- Harrison even told the story sometimes right in front of Lolla-Wossiky, and the one-eyed drunk just nodded and laughed and grinned and acted like he had no brains at all, no human dignity, just about the lowest, crawliest Red that Hooch ever seen. He Don't Know Him
- Michael Angelo might say to Raphael, your envy has only induced you to study and execute still better than I do; you have not depreciated me, you have not caballed against me before the pope, you have not endeavored to get me excommunicated for placing in my picture of the Last Judgment one-eyed and lame persons in paradise, and pampered cardinals with beautiful women perfectly naked in hell! A Philosophical Dictionary
- Among the blind the one-eyed man is king.
- one-eyed Jacks are wild
- the three one-eyed Cyclopes of Greek myth