they took the show on the road
they lost all their games on the road
How To Use on the road In A Sentence
- Hamilton is setting fast times on the road, but no-one is matching the splits of leading duo David Millar and Laszlo Bodrogi.
- Walking on the road, the wind coming like a heat wave attacks.
- It is estimated that up to 1,200 people have land on the road's route, which covers an area of around 800 acres.
- The trade-off for drivers would be the abolition of road tax and fuel duty, and more spending on the road network. Times, Sunday Times
- As far as repairing a flat on the road, we haven't yet finalized how riders will be able to achieve this.
- The mine is a hive of activity with more traffic here than on the roads heading into the site, where visitors drive past a scenic vineyard. Times, Sunday Times
- She shifts effortlessly from folk and blues to upbeat tangos and haunting instrumentals, all interspersed with humorous tales of her life on the road.
- He kept his eyes on the road ahead, his face taut with concentration.
- Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much, or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave — but there's no reason to be in the passing lane. Robert Orben
- She put herself through many risky experiences on the road, along with some vigorous political activity.