having escaped, especially from confinement
searching for two escaped prisoners
criminals on the loose in the neighborhood
a convict still at large
dogs loose on the streets
How To Use on the loose In A Sentence
- His rear wheel spun on the loose stones .
- Three prisoners are still on the loose.
- A series of unsolved murders on the island has raised fears that a psychopathic serial killer is on the loose.
- Scott Evans Dekraai was arrested just a half mile from Salon Meritage in Seal Beach 5 dead in two homes in Indiana, cops fear killer is on the loose Ex-Blackwater security guards charged with murder of Afghans: report California hair salon was identified as an enraged ex-husband Thursday morning. NY Daily News
- Residents in Lynchburg, Virginia managed to catch a steer that escaped Tuesday, luring the animal in with a bucket of food. Two others are still on the loose.
- On the Loose Expeditions' two luxury yurts are in a secluded corner of a 150-acre working organic farm in Vermont's Green Mountains.
- Up to a thousand prisoners may be on the loose inside the jail.
- Alan Quinlan overran the ball but Dowling was there to pounce on the loose ball and claim the try.
- We shouldn't fiddle-faddle around with the Samurai-Cons on the loose.
- And even one dragon on the loose, unsubdued, returned to its full intelligence, its full fury, could spell disaster for the Empire. Archive 2009-03-01