on the run or in a hurry
she wrote those letters on the fly
while in motion
he caught the punt on the fly
How To Use on the fly In A Sentence
- They probably can't bleep a specific word on the fly so the sound would just disappear for a period.
- The code is translated on the fly.
- It was a plum job to work on the Flying Scotsman, partly because the Americans liked it and they were big tippers.
- On the flyleaf were his initials R.D., the letters of the handkerchief, and underneath C.D. freshly written. Kirsteen: The Story of a Scotch Family Seventy Years Ago
- Users can reportedly modify the workflow process on the fly.
- Adult female parasites lay an egg on the fly pupa within the puparium.
- There is a very cool "corkboard" for posting story notes on the fly for easy retrieval during the writing. GigaOM Network
- And he does this all while staggering about the stage tripping over things in gaily-stockinged feet (yes, I have a soft spot for gawky boys in colorful socks), fussing with the mix, swapping instruments on the fly, and -- in the grand tradition of Bowie and Byrne -- dancing like an utter spaz. the short answer is, go.
- The attack of the tiger on the wild ass, the attack of the spider on the fly.
- I'm not an advocate of external balancing, which puts a portion of the required counterweight on the flywheel and balancer.