[ US /oʊˈɫɪmpɪks/ ]
- the modern revival of the ancient games held once every 4 years in a selected country
How To Use Olympics In A Sentence
- Taiwan grabbed two gold medals, two silvers and one bronze at the Athens Olympics.
- The marathon race is the big test of endurance in the Olympics.
- Eastman Kodak is a major sponsor of the Olympics.
- He had spoken of being inspired by Sheffield's John and Sheila Sherwood winning medals in the Mexico Olympics, of joining their club and of being given his first pair of spikes by Sheila.
- Ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.
- Peter is a contender for a gold medal in the Olympics.
- One of the greatest female athletes in history, she won a silver medal in the heptathlon in the 1984 Olympics and gold medals in the 1988 and 1992 Games. Born on March 3 | myFiveBest
- The day also saw Tamana felicitating those who had successfully won medals at the recently held Delhi Special Olympics.
- He was caught cheating during the Seoul Olympics and humiliatingly stripped of his title.
- The blood tests which snared three drugs cheats at last month's Winter Olympics could be missing from the anti-doping programme throughout Britain this year, including the Commonwealth Games.