[ US /oʊˈɫɪmpɪk/ ]
of the region of Olympia in Greece or its inhabitants
of or relating to the Olympic Games
How To Use Olympic In A Sentence
- Taiwan grabbed two gold medals, two silvers and one bronze at the Athens Olympics.
- The recent Australian National Championships and Olympic swimming trials give a strange story to the world of swimming.
- The former Olympic champion may now have been overtaken, but a debt of gratitude is owed to her by the vibrant new star of her sport. Times, Sunday Times
- The marathon race is the big test of endurance in the Olympics.
- That's because Olympic contests are played on a wider ice rink that opens up the game and gives the elite players space to be creative.
- The 27-year-old, who is in training for next summer's Olympic Games, began his swimming career at the Longsight baths by competing in galas there as a schoolboy.
- The Olympic venues have won praise and admiration from around the world. The Sun
- We will actively support Britain's bid to host the 2000 Olympic Games in Manchester.
- On top of that, they could have a taller Olympic cauldron. Times, Sunday Times
- Eastman Kodak is a major sponsor of the Olympics.