- hermaphroditic terrestrial and aquatic annelids having bristles borne singly along the length of the body
How To Use oligochaete In A Sentence
- The littoral zone was dominated by oligochaetes, gastropods, sphaerid clams, and chironomid larvae.
- Some information has been gathered on the expression of transcription factors associated with segmentation and regeneration in oligochaete annelids.
- The oligochaete L. terrestris, the only other annelid whose complete mtDNA sequence has been determined, has a somewhat smaller and slightly less A + T-rich mitochondrial genome.
- The specimen in the drawing is segmented, which is a diagnostic characteristic of an oligochaete, and it has a long proboscis, an important feature that occurs in members of the genus Stylaria.
- On the other hand, such relationships are not observed in groups like oligochaete annelids, moths, spiders or within the few families of beetles that have been studied to date.
- Fossil oligochaetes are much rarer, and there are almost no fossil hirudineans known.
- The oligochaetes include earthworms and a group of related, mostly freshwater, species of annelids.
- The standing crop of mollusk in subarea of Guozheng Lake, both aquatic oligochaete and aquatic insect in subarea of Shuiguo Lake was maximal.
- We thought that leeches were one group and their sister group with the oligochaetes, earthworms and a variety of other aquatic annelids.
- Many polychaetes and oligochaetes, and even a few leeches, are burrowers that constantly rework the sediment through which they burrow; in addition, they may ingest and excrete large quantities of sediments or soils.