[ US /ˈoʊɫiˌoʊ/ ]
- a spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter
How To Use oleo In A Sentence
- Distinct from their nautiloid relatives, and alone among all mollusks, coleoids lack a shell. Archive 2008-02-01
- Those who had struck it rich wore black woollen trousers and Napoleon boots, and sported silk sashes and gaily coloured kerchiefs.
- Recollecting the day he saw Napoleon on the street, the poet imagines what must be the tumult of thoughts behind Caesar's moveless mask-the cities, the factories, the armies rising in the conqueror's dream of power.
- The land forces are organised into British, Austrian and French divisions, all of which contain recreations of the original infantry, cavalry and artillery regiments that fought during the Napoleonic wars.
- A dashing swashbuckler of love, loss, and revenge in the midst of a plot to hide a conspiracy involving Napoleon's return to power.
- Die young, and I shall accept your death- but not if you have lived without glory, without being useful to your country, without leaving a trace of your existence: for that is not to have lived at all. Napoleon Bonaparte
- My favourite character was Pedro, Napoleon's Hispanic friend, whose quiet manner and woebegone expression were constant throughout the film.
- After the famous New York trial of her boyfriend and pimp Mickey Jelke, "the oleo-margarine heir," the former call girl Pat Ward had quietly married an osteopath and they lived in Hollywood, Florida. An Interview with Gail Godwin about her novel Queen of the Underworld, and her memoir The Making of a Writer, both published in early 2006.
- I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up. Napoleon Bonaparte
- The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat. Napoleon Hill