not prepared or vigilant
caught in an off-guard moment
found him off his guard
the blow caught him napping
How To Use off guard In A Sentence
- For a fraction of a second Jane was off guard and the shearwater struck right in the palm of her hand.
- You see in most of my fights I love a scrap, and he just caught me off guards.
- They need to have strength of character to overcome but also understand there is world waiting to catch them off guard (including in the church) and they need to be prepared! ... especially for the psycho-babylon that is going around "cloistering" girls together in one lump sum with ridiculous answers that are not found in scripture. Arranged
- He struck me while I was off guard.
- This caught her off guard, then her mind went temporarily blank.
- The pawn sacrifice throws the black pieces off guard and the white rooks are ready for an invasion.
- I was certainly caught off guard by this casual remark, but after mulling over what he said I decided I was not in the least bit offended.
- The invitation had caught me off guard.
- His forte was the cavalry raid, surprising outposts, sweeping down on garrisons, catching the enemy off guard.
- Charm the audience and catch them off guard.