- a large commercial ship (especially one that carries passengers on a regular schedule)
How To Use ocean liner In A Sentence
- the queen of ocean liners
- Built as a great ocean liner, the Titanic's sister-ship was launched in 1914 and immediately entered military service as a hospital ship.
- Who wants a rubber duck when you can play with a miniature ocean liner or toy paddle steamer? Times, Sunday Times
- Now which company looks like the large ocean liner that is so difficult to change from its course, once set? Times, Sunday Times
- Despite having to get used to American spellings she quickly took to the game, and continued to play on board an ocean liner as she crossed the Pacific to visit more cousins in Australia.
- Farther west is the Hudson River, creating the illusion that ocean liners occasionally sail down the street.
- Modern luxury ships are a pale imitation of the glamour and style of the early ocean liners.
- Her 10-year-old son kept pestering every crew member he encountered, begging for a chance to drive the massive ocean liner.
- There were fast new attack transports, slow rust-scarred freighters, small ocean liners, Channel steamers, hospital ships, weather-beaten tankers, coaster and swarms of fussing tugs.
- As my week dragged on the end slowly floated into sight, like a passing ocean liner appearing to a shipwrecked beachcomber.