[ US /əbˈstɛtɹɪks/ ]
[ UK /ɒbstˈɛtɹɪks/ ]
[ UK /ɒbstˈɛtɹɪks/ ]
- the branch of medicine dealing with childbirth and care of the mother
How To Use obstetrics In A Sentence
- Crile Jr. and S. O. Hoerr, “Results of Treatment of Carcinoma of the Breast by Local Excision,” Surgery, Gynecology, and Obstetrics 132 1971: 780–82. The Emperor of All Maladies
- I'm passionate about minimally invasive surgeries such as laparoscopy because patients do so well," says Dr. Lori Warren, a gynecological surgeon at Women First Obstetrics & Business Wire Travel News
- King Edward Hospital in Perth centred on the treatment of obstetrics and gynaecology cases.
- Even more than the treatment of pregnant women, the field of obstetrics was perceived as an exclusively female medical trade, practiced by women trained generally in oral traditions of midwifery. 90 The midwife was responsible for preparing the parturient woman and alleviating the pain and discomfort of the birthing process. A Tender Age: Cultural Anxieties over the Child in the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries
- Perioperative nurses may find themselves in a practice setting that focuses on obstetrics, gynecology, and/or breast cancer-related surgery.
- Figure 2 shows payments in 2007 by one large private insurer for appendectomies (then code DRG 107) and coronary bypass grafts with cardiac catheterization (code CABG, then DRG 107) in California at what are known as "tertiary hospitals" - those with the ability to support medical specialists in medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, their subspecialties and ancillary services. NYT > Home Page
- Headed by Dr. Brad Bootstaylor, SEE BABY is the first high-risk obstetrics medical practice in the U.S. to incorporate a chic upscale spa-like feel within a perinatology office, that cares for "High-Risk" pregnancy. THE MEDICAL NEWS
- The number of training posts in obstetrics and gynaecology has continued to fall over the past three years, leaving the specialty facing a deficit of consultants.
- It brought me for short periods of time into surgery, internal medicine and for the remaining time into gynaecology and obstetrics. Harald zur Hausen - Autobiography
- High risk obstetrics and neonatal intensive care are high cost, low volume specialties.