[ US /əbˈzɝvɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ɒbzˈɜːvɪŋ/ ]
[ UK /ɒbzˈɜːvɪŋ/ ]
- quick to notice; showing quick and keen perception
How To Use observing In A Sentence
- Spacewatch discovers hundreds of new kilometer-sized belt asteroids with every observing run.
- In Nineteen Eighty-Four, by George Orwell, the "telescreen" compulsorily present in every house is not only a television broadcasting from the outside, but a sort of CCTV camera, observing the people in the room, shouting at them if they fail to meet the standards ordained by the state of which Big Brother is the dictator, always watching them. Telegraph.co.uk: news business sport the Daily Telegraph newspaper Sunday Telegraph
- * A few of the women flipped through photos of Manou's bastide, * observing its before and after transformation. French Word-A-Day:
- Observing the affected knee may reveal dystrophic changes, alteration of skin color, calluses related to kneeling or occupational abuse of the knee, scars, scratches, or rashes.
- We are already observing what appear to be trends towards increasing, long-term aridity in parts of the world. RealClimate
- Specifically, several studies have demonstrated that participants will confidently infer a strong causal link between two events after observing only a single positive instance of a cause and effect co-occurring.
- But observing them, I did imagine what it would be like to hold one of those pens in my ringed hand. Times, Sunday Times
- James Ponsoldt: This notion is at the core of Killer of Sheep: what it means to be an adult, and how children learn and internalize grown-up behavior and responsibilities through lectures, through tears, but mostly by silently observing, peeking around corners, usually unbeknownst to their parents. GreenCine Daily: Filmmaker. Spring 07.
- We also modify our behaviour by observing the behaviour of those around us and by becoming influenced by social expectations and values. Know Your Own Mind
- He watched, observing as she picked up a fork that her nails showed the same glint as her hair. Times, Sunday Times