[ UK /ɒbzˈɜːv/ ]
[ US /əbˈzɝv/ ]
[ US /əbˈzɝv/ ]
make mention of
She observed that his presentation took up too much time
They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing
behave as expected during of holidays or rites
Observe Yom Kippur
Keep the commandments
follow with the eyes or the mind
She followed the men with the binoculars
The world is watching Sarajevo
Keep an eye on the baby, please!
stick to correctly or closely
The pianist kept time with the metronome
I cannot keep track of all my employees
Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals
conform one's action or practice to
We kept to the original conditions of the contract
she never keeps her promises
show respect towards
honor your parents!
observe with care or pay close attention to
Take note of this chemical reaction
discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water
We found traces of lead in the paint
How To Use observe In A Sentence
- With no personal stake in the performance scene, Priyambada continues to be one of the most objective observers and commentators of the Odissi scene.
- _ -- The dotted lines in Fig. 60 represent isacoustic lines -- that is, lines which pass through all places where the percentage of observers who recorded their perception of the sound is the same. A Study of Recent Earthquakes
- Objective:To observe the effects of transurethral vaporization for prostate (TVP) and suprapubic prostatectomy (SPP) on sexual function of the patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Objective:To observe the effects of to integrate acusector concussion with suggestible dialogue treat 530 patient with hysteria spasm.
- The face muscles set differently when we think we are observed; it becomes habitual. Times, Sunday Times
- For example, utter the words: "A house is my fire," and observe the comparative duration of time in the pronunciation of each word, the comparative stress, and the relative pitch (e.g. of _a_ and _fire_). The Principles of English Versification
- Independent observers will monitor the elections.
- As once observed, the problem is ‘not illness but decrepitude.’
- Predators have been observed to avoid attacking brightly coloured species.
- If the cells or islets were not synchronized we would observe a flat, averaged signal even though the single cells and islets released insulin in pulses.