[ UK /ɒbdʒˈɛktɪv/ ]
[ US /əbˈdʒɛktɪv/ ]
[ US /əbˈdʒɛktɪv/ ]
undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena
an objective appraisal
serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes
emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings or interpretation
belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events
there is no objective evidence of anything of the kind
an objective example
- the lens or system of lenses in a telescope or microscope that is nearest the object being viewed
the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
the sole object of her trip was to see her children
How To Use objective In A Sentence
- It would not be so bad if these tests were actually based on science or some objective measure but they are usually exercises in bureaucratic futility. Barack Obama Elected President of the United States | One Year Later...What's Changed?
- With no personal stake in the performance scene, Priyambada continues to be one of the most objective observers and commentators of the Odissi scene.
- An AFTRA statement confirmed the issues' importance, calling the 1% increase the union's "primary objective" in the bargaining. Jonathan Handel: AFTRA, Networks Reach New Three Year Deal
- Objective:To observe the effects of transurethral vaporization for prostate (TVP) and suprapubic prostatectomy (SPP) on sexual function of the patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Objective:To observe the effects of to integrate acusector concussion with suggestible dialogue treat 530 patient with hysteria spasm.
- And this also involves, crucially, the identification of areas where there are disagreements between agencies over objectives or methods.
- Construction here would include offices, retail and hotels with the objective of integrating the docklands with the city centre and extending its functions to the east.
- Objective To avoid the happen of negativity common bile duct exploration.
- So I expose them to the objective complement and the compellative, and then stand aghast at their behavior when they make all the mistakes that can possibly be made in using a given number of words. Reveries of a Schoolmaster
- Initially von Leeb, using troops borrowed from von Bock, was able to mount a concerted attack both on the defensive positions of the southern suburbs and the area north of the main rail line to Moscow, their objective being the historic village now a suburb of Schlüsselburg, right on Lake Ladoga. Deathride