[ US /ˈoʊkɫənd/ ]
- a city in western California on San Francisco Bay opposite San Francisco; primarily and industrial urban center
How To Use Oakland In A Sentence
- Joshi that students gave similar and what she described as accurate accounts of what occurred last month at Markham Elementary School in Oakland. Kansas City Star: Front Page
- On its ground floor, executive director Amy Tobin showed me some salvaged-wood tables, benches, and a lustrously smooth black-acacia countertop created by Paul Discoe, an ordained Buddhist priest whose Oakland-based company, Live Edge, utilizes lumber from urban street trees that have been cut down due to storm damage, disease, and other reasons. Anneli Rufus: Rainwater Toilets and Slag: Touring Berkeley's Greenest Building
- Looks like Vladivostok is more like Oakland than I thought. Strange Cocktails in Vladivostok « Skid Roche
- With the score knotted at 17, Ryan opted to go for a fourth-and-two from the Oakland 37-yard line late in the third, but the call backfired when Sanchez missed Plaxico Burress on a slant route. Sloppy Jets Stumble Against the Raiders
- They plan to hold their first workout in their new practice facility in downtown Oakland the next day....
- The ball is snapped, and then a strong Oakland rush punctures the line and dumps K.C. QB Trent Green for a loss.
- The Reds and Rockies played that "nothing to lose" role, while St. Louis was the NL's big second-half team — like Oakland, a "chugger" — roaring past the sinking Cubs for a playoff berth. USATODAY.com - Mets may be in position to 'chug' into playoffs
- The Oaklands unit is also open to those with more serious learning difficulties like dyspraxia and dyslexia.
- Yet Oakland were also supposed to wipe the floor with Los Angeles a year ago.
- KEY RETURNEES: Keith Benson is obviously the key for next year's Oakland team, with his presence in the lineup bringing not just big numbers but also less attention for the rest of the Grizzlies from the opposition's defense. Summit League