[ UK /njˈuːtɹiɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈnutɹiə/ ]
[ US /ˈnutɹiə/ ]
- aquatic South American rodent resembling a small beaver; bred for its fur
How To Use nutria In A Sentence
- SI quis forte mei domum Catonis, depictas minio assulas, et illos custodis uidet hortulos Priapi, miratur quibus ille disciplinis tantam sit sapientiam assecutus, 5 quem tres cauliculi, selibra farris, racemi duo tegula sub una ad summam prope nutriant senectam. The Garden of Valerius Cato
- Extremely poor prices for nutria pelts have resulted in very little trapping activity.
- The Shandong that held in Jinan on January 18 saves nutria breed aquatics to develop a seminar also emersion breed aquatics future and dawn.
- It was probably a nutria that she had seen, a common enough animal in these parts. SORT OF RICH
- The nutria are particularly threatening to the state's unique "floatant" marsh, a boglike carpet of interwoven plant life that literally floats in the swampy waters. The Rat That Ate Louisiana
- Introduced animal species including nutria (Myocastor coypus), stone moroko fish (Pseudorasbora parva), and wels catfish (Siluris glanis) are having negative impacts. Po Basin mixed forests
- Otherwise known as the coypu, the nutria were introduced to south Louisiana in the 1930s to be raised for their fur. TREND HUNTER - The Latest Trends
- This included eradication of mosquitoes, plus elimination of non-native species such as water hyacinth by flooding with salt water and trapping nutria and feral hogs.
- My mother said, "I watched a fascinating show on the influx of nutria and armadillos down in Louisiana, which made me think of your fucking father, which made me think of you.
- The red wolf diet consists mainly of white-tailed deer and small mammals such as marsh rabbits, raccoons and nutria.