[ US /ˈnəb/ ]
[ UK /nˈʌb/ ]
[ UK /nˈʌb/ ]
a small piece
a nub of coal
a stub of a pencil
the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
the gist of the prosecutor's argument
the nub of the story
the heart and soul of the Republican Party
- a small lump or protuberance
How To Use nub In A Sentence
- And its world was a narrow swamp, a grey, nubiferous environment, where it lived its contented, active, idyllic, almost mindless existence. The Voyage of the Space Beagle
- The ‘hammer’ and ‘anvil’ bones of the mammalian ear are descendants of these nubbins.
- Pondus limi, inde aworden is flæsc pund fyres of thon read is blod and hat factus est caro; pondus ignis, inde rubeus est sanguis et calidus; pund saltes of thon sindon salto tehero pund deawes of thon pondus salis, inde sunt salsae lacrimae; pondus roris, unde aworden is swat pund blostmes of thon is fagung egena factus est sudor; pondus floris, inde est uarietas oculorum; pund wolcnes of thon is unstydfullnisse _vel_ unstatholfæstnisse pondus nubis, inde est instabilitas thohta mentium; pund windes of thon is oroth cald pund gefe of thon is pondus uenti, inde est anhela frigida: pondus gratiae, id est thoht monnes sensus hominis. English Dialects From the Eighth Century to the Present Day
- The Gonubie River does not have a typically big flushing flow while silting in Transkei rivers is a result of ‘poor land use practice’.
- Coat color colorful monkeys snub - nosed monkey is unique to China.
- At Ingolstadt, the branchlike ribs are disjunctively representational, carved with protruding nubs or twigs signaling their botanical nature.
- But the mantra serves mainly to remind me of my deep attachment to the nubble.
- Allen missed 14 of his first 19 shots - a day after the six-time All-Star was snubbed from the newest All-Star team. USATODAY.com - Basketball - Chicago vs. Seattle
- But limited sight seemed in no way to impede his ability to get through the business; indeed it didn't impede his ability to cut to the nub of the matter at issue.
- Such a result is a snub to traditional Labour policy - at least that's what you might think.