- (Persian) the new year holiday in Iran and Azerbaijan and Afghanistan and Pakistan and parts of India and among the Kurds; comes at the vernal equinox
How To Use Nowruz In A Sentence
- Horsemen compete for a goat carcass during a game of Buzkashi to celebrate Nowruz in Mazar-i Sharif in northern Afghanistan on March 21.
- But people began celebrating Nowruz more openly again after the militant group was toppled by the 2001 U.S.-led invasion.
- Nowruz is celebrated in many countries, like Afghanistan, that were once part of the powerful Persian empire.
- It is the time of the traditional Nowruz festivities; the beginning of a New Year in the Persian calendar.
- One of the ritual of the Nowruz actually is, beside housecleaning physically, you houseclean mentally. Fresh Foods Ring in Persian New Year of Nowruz