- the Canadian province in the Maritimes consisting of the Nova Scotia peninsula and Cape Breton Island; French settlers who called the area Acadia were exiled to Louisiana by the British in the 1750s and their descendants are know as Cajuns
- a peninsula in eastern Canada between the Bay of Fundy and the Saint Lawrence River
How To Use Nova Scotia In A Sentence
- She plays Silly, a Nova Scotian seasprite of girl who is the subject of a marine tragedy of, er, Titanic proportions.
- He later went on to design the moderne iconography in the Bank of Nova Scotia building at 44 King W.
- Seven bat species have been recorded in Nova Scotia, but little information is available on their relative abundance, ecology, and migratory patterns.
- The baronetage of Nova Scotia was devised in 1624 as a means of promoting the "plantation" of that province, and James announced his intention of creating a hundred baronets, each of whom was to support six colonists for two years (or pay 2000 marks in lieu thereof) and also to pay 1000 marks to Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 3, Part 1, Slice 3 "Banks" to "Bassoon"
- Cdr.M. R. Morgan, PhD, FRMetS, climate consultant, former Director in marine meteorology policy and planning in DND Canada, NATO and World Meteorological Organization and later a research scientist in global climatology at Exeter University, UK, now residing in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada Think Progress » Avatar director wants to ‘shoot it out’ with ‘asshole’ Glenn Beck and climate-denier ‘boneheads.’
- I would like to thank the academics from the seven universities from British Columbia to Nova Scotia who co-authored these papers.
- It has been sought to obtain badges or other distinctions for baronets and also to purge the order of wrongful assumptions, an evil to which the baronetage of Nova Scotia is peculiarly exposed, owing to the dignity being descendible to collateral heirs male of the grantee as well as to those of his body. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 3, Part 1, Slice 3 "Banks" to "Bassoon"
- Nova Scotia's opposition MLAs voted down a finance bill Monday, prompting the fall of the minority Progressive Conservative government and setting the stage for an election. Archive 2009-05-01
- Cook charted the coasts and seaways of Canada, the St Lawrence Channel and the coasts of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
- On a recent Saturday, Kyle Needham shucked oysters from Nova Scotia, while a Salvadoran immigrant peddled $9 pupusa platters. Flea Market for Foodies