[ UK /nˈɒʃ/ ]
eat a snack; eat lightly
She never loses weight because she snacks between meals
- (Yiddish) a snack or light meal
How To Use nosh In A Sentence
- The Washington Post reports on a case in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Smart Mobs » Blog Archive » GPS as Stalking Weapon
- Welcome to the Wild, Wild West: The old Fowlers Pub, located at the top of Soi Skaw Beach (off Second Road), is being refurbished and will soon re-open as a Wild West-style theme boozer and noshery with hamburgers being a specialty.
- Missing from the AFB's list are premeal snacks for the noshing and grazing you'll do throughout the day—there are three National Football League games on Thursday, after all—and beverages, including wine and beer again, there's football to watch. By the Numbers: 2009 Thanksgiving meal cheaper than last year's
- There really is an endearing quality to this thousand-pound-plus hunk of marine mammal as I watch it grab floating heads of lettuce to nosh just below the surface.
- They can often be seen noshing there as a perspiring Stanley picks up their cheques.
- There was a T-shaped machine made in Kenosha selling for 5.00 in 1890-something. Flamingo (Pink) Hunting
- Nippostrongylus kendo kyu nisei kesa-gatame kyudo No keyaki linked verse nogaku kiaki mai noh kibei maiko nori kiku makimono norimon Kikuchi mama-san norito kikumon mamushi noshi kikyo mana notan ki-mon matsu nunchakus kimono matsuri oban kimono sleeve matsuyama, adj. obang kin mebos obe kiri medaka obi kirigami Meiji odori kirimon menuki ofuro kirin metake o-goshi koan miai oiran mikado ojime sub mikan Okayama, adj. kobang Mikimoto Okazaki kobe, adj. VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol IX No 1
- The word dendrite means fingers; the organic glue and the surfactant used to shape the Clay NanoSheets used in this hydrogel both have fingers that reach out and grab the nearby elements, holding it all together. TreeHugger
- Also in the same third year of Ten-in, a great tree-trunk, one hundred and fifty feet long, was stranded on the seashore near a shrine called Ube-no-yashiro, at Miyanoshita-mura, which is in Inaba. Glimpses of Unfamiliar Japan First Series
- On the menu: Party-goers noshed on Indian-inspired food from Susan Feniger's Los Angeles restaurant, Street, and chased it with childhood favorite desserts from MILK. Blige gets 'ET' party crowd on their feet