not subject to the control of the will
It (becoming a hero) was involuntary. They sank my boat
an involuntary shudder
How To Use nonvoluntary In A Sentence
- There are also concerns about a “slippery slope” leading from assisted suicide to voluntary euthanasia, and from voluntary euthanasia to nonvoluntary euthanasia. Damien Keown - Would You Help Your Parents End Their Lives?
- But disquietingly, the report notes that 10 percent of teen girls described the first time they had sex as "nonvoluntary." — "Teenagers in the United States: Sexual Activity, Contraceptive Use, and Childbearing, 2002," J.C. Abma, G.M. Martinez, W. Primary Sources
- In the Netherlands, he pointed out, where euthanasia is sanctioned, studies have shown that approximately 1,000 deaths a year represent "nonvoluntary euthanasia. Whose Right to Die?
- In today's version of this argument, some high-profile and professional women have replanted the proverbial feminist flag in the reclamation of women's once-nonvoluntary subordinate status: opting to stay home with their kids. Philip N. Cohen: Madonna Turns 50: Wither Feminism?
- This brother was being considered for long-term nonvoluntary placement in an adolescent residential treatment facility that the parents were hoping would accept him when their insurance coverage ran out. Clinical Work with Adolescents
- Furthermore, Keller challenges exclusively Western, androcentric interpretations of agency and subjectivity, offering alternative concepts such as communal identity and nonvoluntary agency.
- The ethical arguments for physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia, advocates of euthanasia have maintained, do not apply to euthanasia only when it is voluntary; they can also be used to justify some kinds of nonvoluntary euthanasia of the incompetent. Whose Right to Die?
- The Alan Guttmacher Institute reported: "The younger women are when they first have intercourse the more likely they are to have had unwanted or nonvoluntary first sex, seven in 10 of those who had sex before age 13, for example. Hullabaloo
- First, the update found that beyond the roughly 3,600 cases of physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia reported in a given year, there are about 1,000 instances of nonvoluntary euthanasia. Whose Right to Die?