[ US /nɑnˈjunjəˌnaɪzd/ ]
not affiliated in a trade union
the workers in the plant were unorganized
How To Use nonunionized In A Sentence
- There is still a French-speaking working class in both unionized and nonunionized fields.
- Most of those killed were nonunionized workers for small companies.
- Academics at unionized institutions tend to fare better than their nonunionized peers.
- It serves to split the working class, pitting unionized against nonunionized sections, to the mutual detriment of both.
- Japanese carmakers have avoided such burdens by generally employing younger, nonunionized workers.
- Still, union workers have fared better than nonunionized employees in terms of their layoff conditions.
- Nonunionized -- nongrowing (cattle feeding excellent example): Almost always facing Purchaser unification which eliminates creditable Wages or Profits, almost always dealing with big-ticket items like health care or cattle and surviving upon single Payment euphoria: no real upside, as the Purchaser unification turns into Seller unification, so Consumer prices remain high. lgl Productivity vs. Distribution, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty
- Rather than compromise with the drivers, the plan called for a strategy of no negotiations and replacement of the unionized with nonunionized drivers.
- Of the nonunionized workers, 5.4 percent claimed; of the unionized workers, 13.6 percent claimed.
- For the first time this year, the nonunionized town employees did not get their annual raise, she said.